1. Wedding Grid is a Neutral Venue. Wedding Grid is an innovative community and marketplace for the wedding industry. Wedding Grid members ("Members") include prospective brides and grooms, newlyweds, "Wedding Members") and companies and other third parties offering products and services related to Weddings ("Vendor Members"). We the Mobile Application and the Site function solely as a neutral venue and digital clearinghouse where Wedding Members and Vendor Members may connect for a particular type of service or product. We are not involved in or a party to the actual transaction between Members. As a result, We have no control over the existence, quality, accuracy, safety, or legality of the transactions that take place on our Mobile Application or Website, the accuracy of listings, the ability of Wedding Vendors to provide items or perform services, the ability of Wedding Members to pay for any goods and services, and we make no representations or warranties and are not liable or responsible for the actions or inactions of Members or Vendor Members. Wedding Grid does not endorse any particular Vendor Member.
Wedding Members: You acknowledge the following: Wedding Grid does not provide any of the products or services advertised or offered by Vendor Members. We do not endorse any Vendor Member, nor do We guarantee the quality of their goods or services. Any and all communications, correspondence, verbal or written, or any warranties or representations, made with regard to products and services offered through the Wedding Grid venue are not provided by us and are specifically and solely between you and the Vendor Member. Any transaction you enter into with a Vendor Member is strictly between you and the Vendor Member, and Wedding Grid is not a party to that transaction. Any dispute you have with a Vendor Member is between you and the Vendor Member, and We will not be a party to that dispute, except regarding your use of the Mobile Application and Site.
We use techniques to help verify the identity of Wedding Vendors when they register for memberships on our Mobile Application and Site; however, Wedding Grid cannot and will not guarantee each service provider's identity; capabilities, or that it has obtained all required permits, licenses or consents or that it complies with all applicable laws. In addition, We cannot guarantee that information provided by or about Vendor Members on the Mobile Application and Site is accurate. You should use Wedding Grid as a starting point for identifying vendors to provide the products and services you need for your wedding, then conduct your own research to ensure that vendors you choose to do business with are appropriate for you. You acknowledge that participation in certain programs, when and if available, may under certain circumstances result in Vendor Members receiving contact information for you in accordance with the terms and conditions governing these programs.
Vendor Members: You acknowledge the following: Wedding Grid will not endorse you or your products or services. We are in no way responsible for assisting you in reaching an agreement with Wedding Members; nor are We responsible for assisting you in providing goods and services to Wedding Members. While all Wedding Members are required to give us accurate information about themselves, We cannot and will not verify this information or guarantee the ability of Wedding Members to complete payment for any of the products or services you provide. Any transaction you enter into with a Wedding Member is strictly between you and the Wedding Member, and Wedding Grid is not a party to that transaction. You are responsible for obtaining all permits, licenses and consents necessary to deliver your goods or services and complying with all applicable laws. Any dispute you have with a Wedding Member is between you and the Wedding Member, and We will not be a party to that dispute. Vendor Members must list the true and correct name of their business on the Mobile Application and Site and if there is a change to that business name, the Vendor Member must promptly update Wedding Grid and may need to provide additional documentation for proof of name change. After Wedding Grid and the Vendor Member have terminated their relationship, Wedding Grid shall be entitled to retain all basic directory information, including, without limitation, business name, mailing address, website address and telephone number.
2. Membership. Membership to Wedding Grid is available only to entities and individuals at least 18 years of age who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Our services are not available to minors or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended Members. Membership in Wedding Grid is void where prohibited. Your Wedding Grid membership may not be transferred or sold to another party. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement. If you are registering as an individual, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and are able to enter into a legally binding contract. If you are agreeing to this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to this Agreement and, in such event, “you” and “your” refer to that company or other entity. Members who engage in the sale of goods and services must have a valid business operations license, as applicable. By joining Wedding Grid, you agree to (i) provide us with accurate, complete information about yourself and to update this information as needed; (ii) abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement (iii) safeguard your username and password; and (iv) be responsible for all activity of your membership account. In addition, in the event you contact Wedding Grid via telephone, you understand, acknowledge and agree that such phone conversations may be recorded. "Free Trial," or other unpaid vendor memberships may be offered by Wedding Grid periodically. These unpaid vendor memberships do not guarantee any advertising placement or other benefits. Wedding Grid reserves the right to modify the terms of or cancel any such unpaid vendor memberships.
3. Prohibited Activities. Visitors to and Members of the Site may not:
- Create an account in another's name
- Create more than one account
- Use another's account
- Impersonate another person or entity
- Use the Mobile Application and Site to break the law or applicable regulations, encourage others to do so, or offer instructions on how to do so
- Offer to provide products or services that violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (collectively "Laws"), or offer any products or services in a manner that violates any Laws
- Conduct any type of sweepstakes, promotion or contest without posting official rules
- Collect or harvest information about the Mobile Application and Site Members, including but not limited to use of robots, spiders, or similar means
- Use information on the Site to send unsolicited email to Members
- Do anything that interferes with or places an undue burden on the Site (as determined by Wedding Grid in our sole discretion)
- Use the Mobile Application and Site if your membership has been temporarily or permanently suspended or revoked
- Include promotional text or endorsements in Member’s storefront name or Member storefront picture(s)
- Violate any terms of this Agreement
Wedding Grid reserves the right to suspend the membership of any Member or Vendor Member and/or cancel the contract of any Vendor Member who engages in offensive and detrimental behavior, including behavior that shocks, insults, or offends the community and public morals and decency, including through making racist, discriminatory, or offensive comments on Wedding Grid properties and elsewhere or by taking actions that would tend to reflect poorly on Wedding Grid.
4. Additional Terms and Conditions; Product Changes. You acknowledge and agree that We have the sole discretion to set forth and post additional terms and conditions for your use of the Mobile Application and Site at various places throughout the Mobile Application and Site. You agree that those additional terms and conditions shall be considered an effective amendment to this Agreement and said terms and conditions shall be incorporated herein. Furthermore, you expressly agree that if there is any conflict between those additional terms and conditions and the Terms set forth herein, the additional terms and conditions shall govern. Wedding Grid retains the right to revise its product and/or service offerings, including the tools made available to you, at any time for any reason including without limitation to comply with any applicable law or regulation.
5. Fees. There are currently NO fees to join Wedding Grid for Wedding Members: “Brides, Couples, Grooms”.
Wedding Vendors: Vendor Members with valid Vendor Accounts will be charged a fee to be listed in the Mobile Application as a wedding vendor. Wedding Grid may list the prices for these Services on the Site, but it reserves the right to change these prices and to offer discounts and temporary promotions.
Charged in error. In the event you believe that Wedding Grid has charged you in error, you must contact Wedding Grid at within 90 days after such charge. No refunds will be given for any charges which are more than 90 days old.
6. Authorization to Credit and Debit Accounts. If applicable, based on the various optional fee-based programs, You irrevocably and expressly authorize Wedding Grid to debit or credit, as applicable, any monies to the account that you have identified for Wedding Grid. You agree that it is your responsibility to maintain a valid, non-expired credit card on file with us while engaging in fee-based activities on our Mobile Application and Site. You agree that if you do not maintain a valid, non-expired card on file with us during any billing attempt, you may be subject to interest and penalties as enumerated below. You irrevocably and expressly authorize Wedding Grid to withhold any monies and/or debit any monies from any account that you have identified to Wedding Grid for any chargebacks, fees, costs, deductions, adjustments and any other amounts owed to Wedding Grid. We reserve our rights to all actions and remedies in connection with any monies owed to Wedding Grid. You will indemnify, defend and hold us harmless for any claims, demands or causes of actions that We take toward any identified account pursuant to this Section.
7. Unpaid Fees. If, for any reason, any fees you owe Wedding Grid have not been received or in any manner realized by Wedding Grid ("Unpaid Fees"), you agree to pay such Unpaid Fees immediately. In addition, Wedding Grid may charge interest, in the amount of 2.0% per month (or the maximum amount allowed by law), on any unpaid account balance that you maintain. Wedding Grid reserves the right to waive or reduce the amount of any Unpaid Fees, penalties, or interest at any time. You also agree to pay any attorney fees, and other costs of collection incurred by us with respect to any Unpaid Fees. You also consent and authorize us, in our sole discretion, to make appropriate reports to credit reporting agencies, financial institutions, tax agencies and law enforcement authorities, and cooperate with them in any resulting investigation or prosecution. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Wedding Grid agrees that it will not charge any late fees or interest to a Member's credit card.
8. Protection of Intellectual Property Content. The Wedding Grid Mobile Application and Site contains or uses copyrighted material, inventions, know-how, potentially patentable business method material, design logos, phrases, names, logos, HTML code and/or other computer code and/or scripts (collectively, "Intellectual Property Content"), all of which, unless otherwise indicated and/or provided pursuant to a third party license, are our sole property, and We retain all appurtenant rights, interests and title thereto. We also claim ownership rights under the copyright and trademark laws with regard to the "look", "feel", "appearance" and "graphic function" of this Mobile Application and Site, including but not limited to its color combinations, sounds, layouts, and designs. You agree and acknowledge that your use of this Mobile Application and Site does not confer upon you any license or permission to use our (or any third party's) Intellectual Property Content. You shall not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Intellectual Property Content, including but not limited to Submitted Information (as defined below) contributed by you or any other Member, or use our Intellectual Property Content in any other way for public or commercial purposes. All other trademarks, service marks and copyrights are held by their rightful owners. You may not frame or link to the Site without our prior written permission.
The Mobile Application and Site contains trademarks, trade names, trade dress, service marks, domain names or other indicia of ownership (collectively the "Marks") owned or licensed for use by us, including but not limited to WEDDING GRID, BRIDE STORIES, and the WEDDING GRID logo. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, you agree that no right, property, license, permission or interest of any kind in or to the Marks is or is intended to be given or transferred to or acquired by you pursuant to the execution, performance or non-performance of this Agreement or any part thereof. You shall in no way contest or deny the validity of, our right of title to or license of use for, the Marks, and you shall not encourage or assist others directly or indirectly to do so, during the lifetime of this Agreement and thereafter. You shall not utilize the Marks or any similar marks in any manner that would diminish their value or harm their reputation. You shall not use or register any domain name, trademark or service mark that is identical to or similar to any of the Marks.
9. Disputes Among Members; Release. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Wedding Grid Members, and We are not a party to any such disputes. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members. You agree to release Wedding Grid, its officers, directors, agents, and employees from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any disputes between you and any third parties or in any way related to goods, services, or events involving third parties. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
10. Information You Submit. The Mobile Application and Site offers the opportunity for Members to submit information for use on the Mobile Application and Site, to share information with other Members through message boards as part of the Wedding Grid Community (the "Community"), Vendor Member advertisements and listings, and other means (any information submitted to the Mobile Application and Site through any of these means, "Submitted Information"). By using these functions, you agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement. Wedding Grid reserves to itself the right but does not have the obligation to monitor posts made to the Community and other Submitted Information. Members are solely responsible for the content of their Submitted Information.
Our Mobile Application and Site acts as a passive conduit for any and all communication and/or distribution of information, and We do not control the Submitted Information of Wedding Grid Members. We cannot and will not evaluate and We are not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, completeness, veracity or suitability of any Submitted Information or for verifying the identity of the submitting Member. Like any information you obtain through the Internet, you should verify Submitted Information before acting upon it. Wedding Grid is not responsible for any losses you may incur as a result of relying on Submitted Information, even if We were advised of the possibility of such losses.
By posting Submitted Information to any part of the Mobile Application and Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Wedding Grid an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense at multiple levels) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such Submitted Information for any purpose and in any format on or in connection with the Mobile Application and Site, the Wedding Grid business, or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Submitted Information, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You acknowledge that Wedding Grid may retain archived copies of your Submitted Information and may continue to use your Submitted Information in connection with any materials that were created prior to the removal of your Submitted Information, in accordance with the license described above.
Furthermore, by posting Submitted Information, you expressly represent and warrant the following: (i) you are the owner, with all appurtenant rights thereto, of any and all communication, content and/or information that you post on the Mobile Application and Site; or (ii) you are the legitimate and rightful grantee of a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce and distribute such communication, content and/or information. You furthermore represent and warrant that all persons and entities connected with the Submitted Information, and all other persons and entities whose names, voices, photographs, likenesses, works, services, and materials have been used in the Submitted Information or its exploitation, have authorized the use of their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, performances, and biographical data in connection with the advertising, promotion, trade and other exploitation of the Submitted Information and the rights granted herein.
You agree that your Submitted Information:
- Will not contain your personal information that you do not wish to be made public or to be displayed in accordance with the applicable settings that you indicate.
- Will not contain another person's personal information or otherwise invade another's privacy
- Will not violate or possibly cause us to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- Will not violate the terms of this Agreement
- Will not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademark rights
- Will not contain obscene, lewd, or suggestive content and or pornography
- Will not be libelous, threatening, harassing, racist, or defamatory. This specifically includes making legal claims of any sort about Wedding Grid employees, agents, other members, or the Site
- Will not contain the proprietary information of another person or entity
- Will not contain any computer hardware or software, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, or any other computer programming that may interfere with the operation of our Site or our systems and or create or impose a large burden or load on our Site or systems
- Will not scan or test the vulnerability or security of our Site or the system within which it operates
- Will not be used for commercial or public purposes outside of the requirements of this Agreement. Specifically, your Submitted Information may not be used to advertise the products or services of others and my not contain links to third-party web sites.
- Will not create liability for Wedding Grid in any manner whatsoever
- Will not involve the upload, or insertion of, any programming language or code into or onto, our Mobile Application and Site
You further agree not to impersonate another Member or attempt to disguise or conceal the author of any Submitted Information. We reserve the absolute right, but do not have the obligation, to remove or restrict any Submitted Information for any reason or no reason at all, including but not limited to Submitted Information you post to the Mobile Application and Site that is in violation of this Agreement or is otherwise inappropriate, as determined in Wedding Grid's sole discretion. In addition, we reserve the right to terminate Members who violate these rules.
You agree to use common sense and good judgment when conducting or posting any online communication or distribution of information. You assume legal responsibility for and will indemnify us from, all damages incurred as a result of any of your Submitted Information.
11. Fraud. Wedding Grid may suspend or terminate your account if We suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with our Mobile Application and Site, as determined in our sole discretion. Fraudulent acts include creating fake accounts (duplicates).
13. Right to Reject or Remove Members. We reserve the absolute right to reject your participation, or remove you from your current participation, in the Wedding Grid Site at any time and for any reason or for no reason and without notice to you. Actions that may result in the rejection or removal of your participation can include, but are not limited to: any violation of the Terms of this Agreement; your creation, maintenance and/or management of more than one account; your non-payment in full any Unpaid Fees; any attempt by you to improperly influence, or cause another to improperly influence the feedback of Members; your unethical conduct, to be determined at our sole discretion; or any attempt by you to harass, or cause another to harass, or have inappropriate communications with a Member.
14. Petition for Reinstatement. Upon your removal from the Mobile Application and Site, you may petition for reinstatement. Your petition for reinstatement must include the following: (i) a written statement as to why you should be reinstated and (ii) your contact information. Your Petition will be reviewed at our discretion and any determination as to your reinstatement will be based on our sole judgment. Your submission of a petition does not, in any manner, guarantee, that you will be reinstated and We specifically disclaim any and all representations with respect to any such guarantee. We will contact you as to our decision to reinstate you. We are not obligated to give you any reason or basis as to our decision. You understand that any decision as to reinstatement may be a simple, yes or no. All decisions are final.
15. Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure. As a result of the performance of this Agreement and whether due to any intentional or negligent act or omission, We may disclose to you or you may otherwise learn of or discover, our documents, business practices, object code, source code, management styles, day-to-day business operations, capabilities, systems, current and future strategies, marketing information, financial information, software, technologies, processes, procedures, methods and applications, or other aspects of our business ("Our Information"). You hereby agree and acknowledge that any and all of Our Information is confidential and shall be our sole and exclusive intellectual property and proprietary information. You agree to use Our Information only for the specific purposes as allowed by the performance of this Agreement. Any disclosure of Our Information to a third party specifically including a direct competitor is strictly prohibited and will be vigorously challenged in a court of law. All obligations contained herein shall survive the termination of this Agreement. Furthermore, you acknowledge that our information is proprietary, confidential and extremely valuable to us and that We would be materially damaged by your disclosure of Our Information. You acknowledge and agree that monetary damages provide an insufficient remedy for the breach of this confidentiality obligation and that We shall be entitled to injunctive relief.
16. Record Keeping/Audit. We reserve the right to keep all records of any and all communications between you and other Members for administration purposes.
17. No Warranty. WEDDING GRID, OUR EMPLOYEES, AND OUR SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE MOBILE APPLICATION AND SITE AND THE SERVICES THEREON "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WEDDING GRID FURTHER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS MOBILE APPLICATION AND SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES OR TOOLS OFFERED ON THIS MOBILE APPLICATION AND SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT, OR WILL GIVE ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT RESULTS; THAT OPERATION OF THE MOBILE APPLICATION AND SITE, INCLUDING TOOLS OR OTHER SERVICES OFFERED ON THE MOBILE APPLICATION AND SITE, WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE FROM ERROR OR OMISSION OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT ANY ERRORS ON THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. WEDDING GRID DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT DATA YOU STORE ON THE MOBILE APPLICATION AND SITE WILL BE SECURE, AVAILABLE OR PRESERVED. WEDDING GRID DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ALL TOOLS OR OTHER SERVICES ON THE SITE WILL CONTINUE TO BE OFFERED.
18. Limited Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEDDING GRID, OUR EMPLOYEES, OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, FOR USE OF COUPONS, OR FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY. OUR LIABILITY, AND THAT OF OUR EMPLOYEES AND SUPPLIERS, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IS LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO US IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR $100, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY.
19. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising in any manner in whole or in part out of your use of the Mobile Application and Site, including but not limited to (i) your advertising, provision of or failure to pay for goods or services promoted on the Mobile Application and Site; and (ii) claims that any of your Submitted Information includes materials owned by third parties without authorization, was defamatory or harassing, or otherwise violated the rights of any third party.
20. Links to Other Sites
This Mobile Application and Site may contain links to other sites which are provided solely as a convenience to you, or which are provided by other Members. Wedding Grid is not responsible for the availability of external sites or resources linked to the Mobile Application and Site, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Transactions that occur between you and such third-party sites are strictly between you and the third party and are not the responsibility of Wedding Grid. Because Wedding Grid is not responsible for the availability or accuracy of these outside resources or their contents, you should review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these linked sites, as their policies may differ from ours.
21. Legal Compliance. You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your listing, shipping, transporting, and solicitation of offers to ship and transport items.
22. Governing Law; Venue and Jurisdiction. By visiting or using the Mobile Application and Site, you agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws of any state or jurisdiction, will govern these Terms and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Wedding Grid or any of our affiliates. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration (as set forth below), you agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection therewith other than in the state and federal courts of California, and you hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of California.
23. Security. Wedding Grid uses industry standard practices to protect your personal information, including firewalls and Secure Socket Layers. We utilize several different security techniques to protect data from unauthorized access, but, Except as specified in a Terms of Purchase, We cannot guarantee the security of our system. Except as specified in a Terms of Purchase, we also do not guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to our system, as the operation of our Mobile Application and Site can be interrupted by numerous factors outside of our control.